A Case is Born
How does a case get to OSAH?
(1) A dispute arises between the state and an individual or entity.
(2) One party (normally the Petitioner) requests a hearing.
(3) The hearing requests is referred to OSAH.
(4) The case is assigned to a judge.
(5) The case is scheduled for a hearing and the parties are issued notice of where and when the hearing will take place.
(6) The parties will either resolve the case prior to a hearing through a settlement agreement or the case will proceed to the hearing.
(7) After the hearing, the judge renders a decision.